1.12.2010

Yay and Nay.

If you enjoy:

Mangoes


Cheesecake



Mushrooms


Cooked Carrots



Then you probably will not like:

This blog.

I try to like the aforementioned food stuffs, but I can't. For the simple fact that they're disgusting. Texturally. Visually. Olfactorally. Tasturally. Okay, so maybe I'm making up words and denying the clear fact that most if not all of the things mentioned above are by no means eyesores - but I just can't get over my distaste for them. I will continue exclude them from most of my dishes, but promise to occasionally test my taste buds to ensure they have not made some culinary evolution overnight.

Oh! But there is some good news - If you like:

Potatoes
Pass the carbs, please. I won't ask you nicely the second time.

All fish, but especially Halibut
(only Pacific - Atlantic is a sustainable faux pas)

Cheese
(despite my unfortunate lactose intolerance, which my dear bf tolerates when I eat copious amounts of cheese.)

Spicy Food
I'm Korean - we like it fiery.


Stir Fried Snow Pea Leaves in Garlic
The best part of winter (beating out s'mores, hot chocolate made with cream and 65% valrhona chocolate, chili, and all Christmas cookies - COMBINED)


Exact Measurements
I'm just not that kind of cook, hence the general lack of baking. Working on it though seeing as measurement seems to be an essential part of conveying accurate recipes to others.

Then...

We are culinary brethren and you will fit in quite nicely here. Here being, well, basically you and me so far. Readership is booming?

2 comments:

  1. a bit sad about the mushrooms (us pollacks love 'em), but i'll forgive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. can all of your entries please include fruit wearing googly eyes?

    ReplyDelete

Twitter